Butyl Rubber (IIR)
Butyl (isobutylene, isoprene rubber, IIR) has a very low permeability rate and good electrical properties.
• Up to approximately 121°C (250°F).
• Down to approximately -59°C (-75°F ).
• Hot water and steam up to 121°C (250°F).
• Brake fluids with glycol base (Dot 3 & 4).
• Many acids (see Fluid Compatibility Tables in Section VII).
• Salt solutions.
• Polar solvents, (e.g. alcohols, ketones and esters).
• Poly-glycol based hydraulic fluids (HFC fluids) and phosphate-ester bases (HFD-R fluids).
• Silicone oil and grease.
• Ozone, aging and weather resistant.
Not compatible with:
• Mineral oil and grease.
• Chlorinated hydrocarbons.